Open House on 12/4!
We are about 30% through Phase 1 of the Growing MKE Project. More information on the upcoming open house and more below!
How will Milwaukee choose to grow?
Help set the framework for housing growth in the city!
What is Growing MKE?
The Department of City Development (DCD) is leading an effort called Growing MKE. Growing MKE is a citywide planning effort that will set a framework for housing growth and choice in Milwaukee. The project will result in a proposed amendment to the Citywide Policy Plan and updates to the City’s Zoning Code. DCD will be seeking public input this summer and early fall.
We aren’t starting from scratch… Growing MKE will advance the goals and recommendations from several recent City of Milwaukee planning efforts. These plans were shaped through stakeholder and resident input and include recommendations to increase housing supply within the city of Milwaukee. Goals also include supporting new housing that creates walkable urban neighborhoods, increasing transit options and access to jobs, and providing more quality, affordable housing choices for all Milwaukeeans. This project will also advance Mayor Cavalier Johnson’s vision for economic prosperity, which includes updating the City’s Zoning Code to support new development and growth.
Office Hours at the Libraries
During the Growing MKE Office Hours, staff will be available to provide information about the project, answer questions, and collect feedback. Stop by any time during the scheduled timeframe to chat.
- Thursday, December 7: Bay View Library
- 2566 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207
- Saturday, December 9: Villard Square Library
- 10am - 1pm
- 5190 N 35th St, Milwaukee, WI 53209
- Monday, December 11: Capitol Branch Library
- 3969 N 74th St, Milwaukee, WI 53216
- Tuesday, December 12: Tippecanoe Library
- 3912 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207
- Wednesday, December 13: Center Street Library
- 2727 W Fond Du Lac Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53210
- Thursday, December 14: Zablocki Library
- 3501 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53215
- Monday, December 18: East Branch Library
- 2320 N Cramer St, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Tuesday, December 19: Washington Park Library
- 2121 N Sherman Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53208
Please stop by when you see us popping up at community events or places.
Reasonable accommodations, of an auxiliary aid or service required due to a disability, for a City of Milwaukee event will be provided upon request. Contact the City of Milwaukee ADA Coordinator, 414-286-3475 or email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than 72 hours before the scheduled event.